Sunday, July 31, 2011

An Eye Opener

This week was kinda an eye opener for me.

I worked Monday morning and got time and a half for the holiday! YEAH!!! I love extra money :) I got home and showered and then spent the night with the fam. We had dinner, relaxed, and did sparklers to celebrate the 24th! It was grand :)

Tuesday morning I worked and then came home to get ready to hang out with Carlee. When I called my mom to tell her I was headed to Carlee's, she told me that my Grandpa Blackburn was rushed to the hospital and that we might be going down to SLC later if we hadn't heard anything. We didn't know how critical his condition was. I headed to Carlee's and was there for about an hour before my mom called and said the family was on their way to pick me up and we were driving to SLC because we hadn't heard anything and if we were needed, we'd be that much closer. At that moment, I wasn't sure that I would see him alive ever again. That caused me to contemplate. I was so grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel. In that moment, I just knew that if I didn't see him alive again, that I would in the next life! It was a great comfort to me. On our way to SLC, we got a call that he was okay and his sugar had bottomed out. We were pretty close to being to SLC, so we went and visited with him for a few hours before heading back home. It was good to see family again and know he was okay. Time really does fly by in this life, and you have to live life to the fullest or you're just wasting time.

Tuesday also made me realize how grateful I am to have a father that is a worthy priesthood holder. As soon as my uncle found out that my dad was coming down, he was happy that he didn't have to hunt for a worthy priesthood holder to help him give Grandpa a blessing! I was so grateful that my dad has been living his life worthy to hold the power of God and be able to touch my life and my family's lives with that blessing. I realized how important that is to me to have in my future husband. I have to have a worthy priesthood holder, no questions asked. :) I'm so grateful for this Gospel, this good news!

After we got home, I watched the Bachelorette with my sisters. I definitely want Ashley to marry Ben. :) he's a sweetie. Ha ha. I love that show!

Wednesday I took Marissa to voice lessons and then we went swimming at Grassli's! It was great :) After we went swimming, I went boating with my home ward! It was a blast! My sister and cousin went with me and I just loved it! I love being out in the water :)

I slept in Thursday morning and then went to work. The night went by pretty fast cuz I didn't have to close and I worked with Marcy! She's one of my coworkers that I just get along with so well! :) I look up to her a lot!

Friday I went out with Debbi and she taught me how to drive Rhonda, my stick shift car!!! :) I'd been out a few times, but it just hadn't clicked yet. We went everywhere around town. Up and down hills, up and down Washington Blvd., on the freeway..... we went to my parking garage by my work and made sure I could park and also get out of the parking lot okay, we covered just about everything. It was great fun :) She took me out and we decked out Rhonda too! We got new seat covers, a steering wheel cover, CD holder and a smelly good hanging decoration :) It was a lot of fun! When I got home, I had a letter from Joseph Ditton! I was so excited to hear from him! I drove my car to work that night and we closed fast! It was a great day :)

Saturday, we drove up to Paris, Idaho to the Budge Family Reunion! That was a fun day :) They had a thing set up where the kids could make rockets and launch them and the kids made swords out of noodles and PVC pipe :) It was a fun day! We came home and my sisters and I went on a drive in Rhonda :) it was a good day!

 Bear Lake! :)

 Family Reunion!

 Rocket Launcher!

Brigham City Temple on the way home :)

I went to church with my family today and I work later in the day. :)

I only have a few weeks before I move back to Logan! It's crazy how fast this summer has gone by! It's been a good summer. I miss my friends and Latter Day Voices! I can't believe I'll be back in Logan so fast! I'm hoping to find a job this year, so if anyone hears of anything up there that's part time, let me know! :)

I realized this week that unexpected things can happen super fast. Your best friend, a family member, a boyfriend, can be taken from you in a flash. You need to appreciate the people in your life and treat them like you would if you knew that today was their last day, or your last day. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have of the Gospel and I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on earth. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the Restoration. I know that we have a living prophet today that leads and guides us in the right direction. I'm grateful for the missionaries who are serving the Lord and bringing our brothers and sisters back to the Gospel. I leave you with my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the temple is looking SO gorgeous! Can't wait for it to be done! What an incredible week! I love you and hope to play soon!

    ReplyDelete