Sunday, August 7, 2011

My New Adventure Is Unfolding!

I slept in, showered, and applied for Payless in the morning and then worked Monday night :)

Tuesday, I was woken up by a phone call from Teri, my young women's president before I graduated to Relief Society. :) She called and asked if I would like to come with the Laurels on their Laurel Retreat! Thankfully I had work off, so I said YES! I packed my bag as fast as I could, threw my swimsuit on, and went down to Kathy's. We hopped into cars and away we went to Salt Lake Seven Peaks! Oh my goodness, it was a blast! We went down so many slides and floated in the lazy river and just enjoyed the water and sunshine! I loved it. While I was there, I got a phone call from Payless and they asked me to interview with them on Friday! I was so excited! It was such a good day! We went to In-N-Out Burger afterwards and then drove to Wolf Creek to stay the night :) It was so much fun! Wolf Creek was so cool! Such a nice place :) We played games, laughed and just had a blast!

 Me, Marissa, and Kennedy :)

 Most of the group :)

 We like to be goofy :P

 Ha ha ha, Becky's pose. THEE best. Ha HA!

Becky and I :) She's been in Young Women's since I was a beehive. She wasn't in YW for a short while, but then got put back in at the end of my YW years :) I just love her!

Wednesday morning I woke up so sore from Seven Peaks! Ha ha :) There were so many stairs! I felt so out of shape when I woke up, ha! I was sore. I don't think I've climbed that many stairs in a day, and that's saying something since I lived on the fourth floor my freshman year of college! Ha ha :) We had a great breakfast prepared by Teri and then we packed up and went home! I came home and talked with my family! I found out my aunt's surgery went well and I was happy for that! I also got a letter from my friend, Skylar Combe, that's on a mission! I was happy to hear from him! He's sounds like he's just loving the MTC :) I love getting missionary letters! I watched some Bachelorette and cleaned my room before heading to work. I got sent home early cuz we were so slow, so I finished watching the Bachelorette. (SPOILER AHEAD) I do have to say that I was really sad that she broke Ben's heart. Ben was my absolute favorite. But oh well. It's just a show, ha! But I felt bad for him. Poor guy. I was sad to see the show end! Ha ha! It's been my summer show! Well.... besides Vampire Diaries, ha! But a new season of Vampire Diaries is going to start in the fall, I'm stoked! :D

I woke up and put papers in my "Book of Remembrance" Thursday morning and then my family and I went swimming at Spilker's pool! :) I hung out with Carlee that night and we watched Vampire Diaries, talked, and saw Planet of the Apes for a work screening. I thought the movie was good until the end. It had my attention until the end and then I was really disappointed. Oh well. Ha! It was fun to chill with my coworkers :)

Friday I woke up, got ready, and headed to Logan! I met up with Amanda and hung out with her for awhile before Daniel came over. I'm gonna miss that boy! Today was probably the last time I see him before he leaves on his mission on August 24.  He's serving in the Mexico Monterrey West mission, the same one as Justin! The three of us had a blast! After that, I went to my job interview with Payless and...... I got the job. I was SO EXCITED!!!!!!! :) Finding a job in Logan is so hard to do! It's crazy! It all fit together perfectly! The whole story of how I came to apply for Payless in the first place is just hilarious. I start on Tuesday of this upcoming week! No more working with food!! (for the time being) :) It'll be sad, once again, to say goodbye to Megaplex, but I'm excited to start this new journey! I can do Latter Day Voices with it as well! This has been such a blessing! I'm so grateful for it! After my job interview, I went back to Amanda's and then we met up with Brad Rassmussen and Whitni Gardner at Panda to have dinner! That was yummy :) Then we went back to Amanda's and started watching a movie and I drove home. I was happy to have a letter from Joseph waiting for me when I got home! He was homesick this last week, but still loving the MTC. I hope the homesickness passes fast. I felt bad for him. But he'll be okay :) He's amazing!

I worked all day Saturday and then went over to my grandparents house to visit while my sister mowed the lawn (her summer job)  After Grandma and Grandpa's, my sisters and I came home and we watched Soul Surfer. AMAZING movie. So touching. What a beautiful story. I loved it!

Sunday I slept in and went to church :) I went right to work after church. It was a good day at work cuz I worked with Marcy! Just love her. I got to talk to my new roommate today as well! Her name is Bree and I'm really excited to meet her in a few weeks!

This week, I really contemplated how the things of my past have made me the person that I am today. How the little decisions and the huge decisions have made me, well, ME :) The friends that I have, the attitude I have for life, the way my life is going are all outcomes of decisions that Me, Myself, and I have made. The gift of free agency and the gift of the Holy Ghost have been such important gifts in my life that I have utilized and hope to continue to use the rest of my life to make the best decisions I can make. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement and ultimately, the Gospel! What a blessing to have to be able to be born into the covenant and have the truth right there for me my whole life! I'm grateful for a loving, wonderful, and caring family that loves me for who I am and has greatly influenced who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment