Sunday, July 10, 2011

Every Day Is A Gift :)

Forewarning! This post is long, but well.... I'm not going to condense it :)

I've been contemplating the concept of change for the past while. Recently, I've been looking at "old" pictures and seeing how much my appearance has changed just in the last two years. My hair went from an accidental few inches cut off, (I wanted a trim, but the lady didn't seem to get that term...) to me getting bangs, to chemically straigthening my hair, to me chopping my hair off! I'm also starting to look more like an adult, apparently! I was talking to a coworker and she told me that I'm actually look like an adult now. It was funny to hear that from someone other than family or close friends. Not only did I change physically, but I grew in other ways as well. I graduated high school and moved out of the house for the first time. Went to my first year of college. Met a whole new set of friends :) so many changes! I haven't even covered them all! It just gets worse from here too! Friends and family getting married, sisters getting older! Friends and family leaving on missions, some out on missions, and some soon coming back! I never believed the grown-ups when they'd say that time flies by fast when you're older, but I sure do believe it now! Blown away at how fast things happen!

Monday was the 4th of July! Happy birthday, America! I slept in and cleaned the cars. :) Later, my dad took me to the church parking lot to learn stick on my Rhonda the Honda. UGH. It'll take some getting used to, but I'll get it :) We had a very yummy dinner and then I went to Carlee's house and did fireworks with her family. We were going to go to Weber to watch theirs, but instead we watched them from Carlee's house and got to watch Marriott-Slaterville's fireworks as well! We finished the night chillaxing in her room watching Jeopardy and Vampire Diaries. What a wonderful 4th!! :)

Tuesday, I woke up, ate breakfast, and picked weeds for awhile with the family :) It was so nice outside. Perfect temperature and it even sprinkled rain. I showered and then went over to Jessica Jenkins's house :) We had such a fun girls day! We sat and talked and had pizza together and then put in a movie... that we didn't watch. No worries ;) make that two movies we didn't watch. We took pictures, painted nails, Facebook stalked, laughed and giggled and just had so much fun! We had delicious homemade strawberry ice cream too! YAY! Jessica is such a beautiful daughter of God. She always seems to have the perfect advice for me and is always in tune with the Spirit. Super talented and beautiful daughter of God :) I'm so grateful that I have her as a friend!

 Just havin' fun with the camera :)

 Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream :) SO delicious.

 We painted our toes :)

 Painted our fingernails :)

I just love this beautiful daughter of God :) 

Wednesday, I got up and took my sister, Marissa, to voice lessons :) that was fun! A few hours later, I took my sister, Brittany, to Cars 2. It was a cute show! We came home and I chilled for awhile before I ran a few errands for my mommy. Then I just hung out for the rest of the day! 

Thursday was Marissa's birthday! I got up and Brittany and I played Mario Kart with her and then got ready for the day. We picked two of her friends up and saw Monte Carlo! It was the cutest movie! I love it! There were so many great quotes from that movie. Later that night, we had a barbeque dinner and visited with my grandparents for awhile. After they left, we watched Tangled later that night. Ahh... so many college memories flooded back by watching that movie! I was happy I was going to be heading to Logan the next day, because the movie made me Logan-sick. 

Friday, I got up, packed for Logan, and then went to the dentist. NO CAVITIES!!! YAY!!!!!!! :) It was a beautiful drive to Logan! There was a bit of a wait in the canyon though, cuz there was an the accident. I went to Amanda's and we hung out all day. We got dinner at Panda and Matt Robinson came over to chill for awhile. Shortly after he left, Joseph came over :) Amanda, Joseph and I hung out for the last time as the trio before Joseph leaves on his mission. It was a great night! Never gets boring when it's the three of us! I'm gonna miss my brother. Amanda had to work early in the morning, so she "kicked" us out and I went to Kaylie's house! Kaylie's fiance, Alex was over and I visited with them for awhile. They are THE cutest couple ever! Just love them to pieces :) I want a relationship like theirs. They get married on August 11th. Can't wait! After Alex left, Kaylie, Kaylie's roommate Misty, and I stayed up way late just talking. It was a fun day!!!!

The three of us on our "trio" night :)

A picture of the adorable couple :)

Saturday was quite the random day. I woke up, got ready, and went job hunting for a few hours. I grabbed some Jamba Juice for lunch and then went with some of Misty's friends to the Sidewalk Sale on Main Street. After that, I got myself some dinner from Panda (yes.... I realize I ate at Panda two nights in a row.... I love Chinese :) and decided I was going to go look at Walmart for some things and then I saw my LDV friend Sarah Knudson walking outside. I stopped to say hi and we talked for a minute. I ended up chilling at her house for awhile instead and then her and her friend Lauraly came to Joseph's last Hurrah before his mission. It was quite a wonderful evening. I'm going to miss him so much!

Sunday, I woke up in a panic. I thought that I had slept through my alarm to go to Joseph's farewell talk because it was so light outside. I grabbed my phone and realized.... it was 7:30 in the morning and I didn't need to be up for another half hour. Thankfully. I rode with Madison and Amanda to his farewell :) He did such a wonderful job! He's going to be a great missionary! He will be missed by his friends and family, for sure. Skylar's farewell was an hour after Joseph's ended at the same church house, so we just stayed and chilled there. Skylar also did a great job on his talk. :) After Skylar's talk we headed over to Skylar's house for his family's luncheon. It was so good to mingle and chat with all the LDV people that I've been missing! I can't wait for this next year! Brother Salmond told me there's quite a few RM's that are coming back from previous years... I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

I can't believe Joseph leaves this Wednesday. I feel like it was just yesterday that he was complaining that he had two long months before he was going to leave. Well.... those two months that were definitely not long are now over and he's leaving! He's going to be such a wonderful missionary and I can't wait for all of his mission stories! He's quite the character, that one, and I'm sure that he'll have quite hilarious stories for me to repeat to my friends, HA!

Skylar leaves next Wednesday, and I can't believe that either! I feel like he just barely announced his mission call in LDV yesterday! He's also going to be a wonderful missionary. I'm so glad I got to become closer friends with Skylar towards the end of the semester and during the summer. He's an amazing man! I'm looking forward to his mission stories as well!

This is a random thought of mine that I wanted to share. Have you ever had a moment in life when you look at a picture of yourself or you look in the mirror and just feel pretty? One of those "aha" moments where everything clicks and you realize who you truly are and what your potential is? I had a few of those this week, where I truly felt beautiful. I knew despite my many flaws, that Heavenly Father still loves me and will always love me,  no matter what happens. That He will always be there for me :) That I have friends and family that love me unconditionally, and how lucky I am to have all of it. I realized how incredibly lucky I was to have spectacular support from friends and family, and to be blessed with material things as well, such as my electronics, a car, my bed, etc. Yeah, you have hard times and heartaches and life isn't perfect, but it's perfectly imperfect, as Jess says. :) If you haven't had an experience like this in awhile, I advise you to pray for one. It strengthens your testimony and your self image. Keeps Satan farther away. :)

I had such a fun week. Emotional and a bit random, but so fun :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment