Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Future Always Has Potential :)

This week, I had a really bad day and I was complaining that night to my dear friend, Carlee. She told me, "Tomorrow has potential." and that made me think. In reality, we aren't always going to have good days and we aren't always going to be happy, but what is ahead of us has potential. :) That was a lesson I learned this week.

Another thing I realized this week is how much time changes things. A month isn't really that much time, but in reality.... so much can change in a month. So much can change in a day! It's CRAZY how that works. How even the littlest things can change you for a lifetime. Looking at experiences I've had in the past and the people that have been in my life, my religion, my standards..... That's really what has made me who I am today. I can only keep pressing forward and try my hardest to not fall backwards! :) I'll stumble and fall sometimes, that's a fact of life. But what really matters is how I handle it and what I learn from those bumps in the road. Life really is a test. But you need to have fun and be positive :)

My weekly recap:

Monday wasn't a great day overall. It wasn't all bad... but I felt like one thing after another came up. I got some stuff done and worked though. Right after work, I called Skylar and talked to him for the last time before his mission! Pretty crazy! Another good friend gone! He is exactly where he needs to be though! :) I'm so happy for him! He's up for quite the adventure!



Tuesday I worked and then got some new jeans for school! YAY! I hung out with Carlee that night too :) We talked and watched Vampire Diaries. I got to gaze at Ian Somerhalder and some other attractive men for a few hours while I caught up on the episodes I missed. I was totally okay with that. HA! I can enter dreamland every once in awhile, right? ;)

Wednesday I worked all day and then went on a drive to learn stick again! :) I did pretty well! I still have a lot to improve on though. But I got on the road and even drove on the highway! Yay me!!! :) I can't wait for the day that it's just natural. I'm grateful to be picking up this skill now.

Thursday was a fun day with the family! My mom and sisters and I helped a lady move in our ward. Afterwards, we went to the neighbor's to swim and I got some sun :) YAY! We all got cleaned up and then went to my grandparent's house and had a family night! My Aunt Kelcie was there and cut our hair. I just got my bangs trimmed, but Brittany got a new style! She looks super cute :) Her hair cut is basically the same as mine. It looks adorable :) It was fun to spend time with the family.

I also got my first letter from Joseph on Thursday! I was so excited! My mom got the mail right before we went to my grandparent's house and handed me the letter. He's doing really well! He says that he's already starting to think in Spanish! I laughed super hard when he told me that everyone but one sister in his district is as loud as him :) Ha ha! He loves the MTC! I'm so glad to hear it. I can't wait for more letters! I've already written him back and wrote Skylar for the first time! :)

Friday I did some job hunting for the fall, cleaned my room, put in USU dates for my mom on the calendar, and got my fishy all set up in his new(ish) home! :)  Don't worry, the rocks now match my hot pink decor! ha ha ha ;) I went to work that night and got ready for our family bbq on Saturday!

Saturday we had a Blackburn Family barbecue and day in the mountains! It was so nice :) We ate, visited and played, laughed, and just relaxed. We got to watch some squirrels play, that was entertaining :) They were cute! It was a good day with the family! Then I came home and went on another drive to learn stick.

 Cami and I :)

 Allyson, Isabelle, and Kaden :) Aww!

 Isabelle and Kaden :) two peas in a pod! 

Grandparents :)

Today, I'm pampering myself before I go to church, aka doing a facial mask and maybe doing my nails, going to church, and then going to work. That's the plan!

I can't believe there's only a little over a month until I move back to Logan. I feel like time has flown by! Last summer seemed to drag on, but this summer moved fast! I've had a pretty awesome summer! I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a job in Logan and start anew again! I realized that even though I know a lot of people up in Logan now, it's still a fresh start. I'll have a whole new apartment, a new ward, a new roommate, new classes, new people in LDV (that is, if I make it in again) new people in general, and new experiences! If I make LDV again, I'll get to go on the retreat at the beginning of the year, which will be so fun! I'm excited to hopefully be in Latter Day Voices again and this time, for the full year. I have such an adventure waiting for me, and I'm excited to jump right into it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment