Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Splendiferously Fantastical Week!

Monday, I got to see Skylar! I was so excited! I went and picked him up after he sold his car and spent a lot of the day with him! We went and saw Super 8 and then he took me to Costa Vida afterwards and got me to eat..... NACHOS. Yes, nachos. With cheese and pork and black beans and guacamole. For those of you who know me.... I'm a really picky eater and don't really care for cheese at all. But I do have to admit that it was pretty good! I'm getting better at branching out and trying new things :) It's an adventure and a thrill to me! After we ate, we went on a walk and window shopped. It was fun to catch up and just have a playful afternoon as friends! I can't believe he'll be in the MTC in less than a month!

Tuesday was so amazing. I can't even describe how amazing that day was. I spent the whole day with family :) I woke up early and we drove to the Bountiful Temple for my cousin's wedding. I was wishing that I could go in with everyone, but I know my time will come :) I just love Cami and I'm so excited that's she's in our family now! We're gonna be best friends, I can tell already! There was an unbelievable peace at the temple. Just extraordinary. The reception was fun too! LOVED it. I felt the Spirit all day. Such a wonderful day.

I worked on Wednesday morning and packed for Logan. I called Shaun to tell him I was going to be in Logan and we talked on the phone while I packed. :) "Girl, that shirt to the left of that one.... don't even think about it." HA HA HA HA!!! Oh man... Shaun is hilarious! I was so exhausted that night that I decided to go to bed and wake up early to pack.

I woke up on Thursday morning and finished packing. Around 9:15, Joseph called me to tell me that he and Brad and Brad were on their way to come pick me up to take me to Lagoon!!! We got to Lagoon around 11:00 and our first ride was the Bombora. Totally anticlimatic. So stupid. So then we made our way to Rattlesnake Rapids to get wet! We rode a ton of rides! We had to hit up all the good roller coasters! Joseph had us close our eyes when we rode the white roller coaster for one time and it gave the ride a whole new thrill! Ha ha ha :) We had In-N-Out Burger afterwards and then Joseph drove me to Logan and dropped me off at Brenna's!

Friday, Brenna and I went on a walk around campus. She had to show me the French Fry Statue! It is now GREEN! WHAAA?? Lame, I know. I'm so upset, as you can see by the picture below ;) Instead of the French Fry Statue, Brenna's mom called it the Jenga statue! That'll work for me! :) We took pictures by it and had a blast! After the walk on campus we went to Allee's apartment and hung out with her, Shaun and Mckinsey :) We met up with some more people and went to Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. That was delicious! Then we split up to get towels and ice blocks and met at Old Main hill to ice block! It was so much fun! I had a blast! I hadn't been in forever. Afterwards, we went to Shaun's apartment and watched Spiderman. Such a wonderful day!

The old French Fry Statue.... the new Jenga Statue!

Ice Blocking :)

Saturday, I went to the Temple with my Singles ward from back home in Ogden! It was very fun :) Later that night, Brenna and I hung out with Shaun, Allee, Mckinsey, Michael, and a bunch of people. We went to Smith's and visited Jessy and then Brenna and I went back to her place to chill with Lauren!

The Girls :)

Shaun and I sittin' in the backseat rockin' the kissy faces ;) ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Visiting Jessy at Smith's :)

Today has been fun :) Joseph picked me up and we went to Brad's farewell! He did such a good job! He also sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives and sounded gorgeous! He's going to be a great missionary! Afterwards, we went to Joseph's home ward meetings and then went to Brad's luncheon and visited for a few hours. Joseph drove me back to Brenna's place and we sat and talked for awhile before Joseph left. Brenna and I have been relaxing and talking all day. It's been nice :)

Joseph, Brenna and I :) My besties!

It's dawned on me this weekend that two of my closest friends are going to be leaving on their missions in two and three weeks. Joseph leaves on the 13th and Skylar leaves on the 20th. So crazy! I'm going to miss them both so much! Good thing we can write! Joseph will be going to Los Angeles, CA and is speaking Spanish and Skylar is going to the Chile, Conception mission also speaking Spanish. Spending time with both of them this week has been special to me. I will only see them a few more times before they leave! I know they will be blessed for serving a mission as well as me. I have a lot of friends out on missions right now and it's been fun to see them change. One of those friends is my best friend from high school, Justin Marriott. When he left, I was a little afraid. I didn't feel like I had a lot of guy friends up at Utah State at the time and I was worried that I wouldn't have guy friends for awhile. But then Heavenly Father blessed me with Latter Day Voices and my guy friends multiplied! That has been my biggest blessing since Justin has left on his mission. With these two young men leaving, I will miss them too, but I know that all the people that they know will be blessed as well.

I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Gospel. I don't know where I'd be without it. I would definitely not be the same person I am today. I'm grateful that I have a Father in Heaven who loves and cares for me and that knows me better than anyone else on this earth. I'm grateful for a brother who suffered, died, and now lives for us. I'm grateful for the Temple and the blessings it brings to me. I hope to be married and sealed for time and all eternity with my future spouse there. I'm grateful for the friends that my Heavenly Father has placed in my life and for the lessons I'm learning now. I'm extremely grateful for my brave guy friends who have left and will be leaving on missions to willingly serve the Lord. I leave you my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment