Sunday, June 19, 2011

Expect the Unexpected

I've been thinking a lot lately about how uncertain the future is to me. I just can't get my mind off of it. Nothing is ever set in stone until it happens in our day to day lives, but Heavenly Father knows all. We know we will win in the end, but our memory of heaven is temporarily taken from us. The whole concept of the future is just weird. It boggles my mind that Heavenly Father knew just when to send us to earth, when to put specific people in our lives, when to let us have certain experiences. The Plan is so carefully weaved..... I can only see a small portion of the whole thing, which is frustrating at times and so exciting in others. President Dieter F. Uctdorf says, "We must learn that in the Lord’s plan, our understanding comes 'line upon line, precept upon precept.' In short, knowledge and understanding come at the price of patience."  such an amazing thing to ponder about. I've also been thinking about the potential of human beings. All of us have the potential to become Gods and Goddesses and have the power that Heavenly Father has. How special. I can't even fathom how huge that is. Bigger than my imagination! I'm so blessed to have the Gospel in my life and to have a wonderful eternal family!

I woke up Monday morning, honestly not in the best mood at all. I looked around at my room and knew I needed to finish organizing and cleaning my new room. So I got out of bed, had breakfast, and shut myself in my room all day. I started with one corner of the room and just kept going. I'd stop and take a break, but I actually did productive things during my breaks. I'd been meaning to de-junk one of my email accounts and started doing that in-between as well. Later that night, we decided to go to Rio at the $3 theater for family night and my sister's birthday! It was a really cute movie. After I came home from that, I still had the drive to clean, so I came back up and pretty well finished. There's still a few little things that I need to do, but the big majority of it all is done!! It's such a relief to be so close to finished. That night, I relaxed and redesigned my blog! I'd been wanting to do that for a time now, and I'm happy with how it turned out :)

Tuesday was Brittany's birthday! I can't believe she's ten years old! How time flies! It's nuts! I remember the day she was born. WEIRD. The family got her an iPod Touch and she played with her new gadget all day! She'd always ask Mom or Marissa to play on their iPods (she knew I wouldn't let her, ha! ;) and now she has her own! YAY!!! :) we visited with Grandma and Grandpa too.

I also did something else on Tuesday that I, shamefully, haven't done in awhile. I  ran on the tredmill. I was dreading it but once I got on, it wasn't so bad! For those of you who don't know, I have asthma, so running isn't on my list of fun things to do. But today.... I didn't really have a rough time breathing at all. It felt so nice to just run and sweat! Normally, when I run I have the hardest time breathing, even when I take a full dose of my inhaler. But this time I only took half a dose before I started and it was amazing. I've never felt that good WHILE exercising. It gave me the boost to continue!

Wednesday, I got up and ready and took Marissa to voice lessons! I have missed Leigh and wanted to see her, so I invited myself along. It was great talking to her :) I can't wait until we get together! Her and I can talk all day. It's awesome! After voice lessons, I took Marissa to Smith and Edwards to get her stuff for Trek and then came home, helped Brittany with her new iPod Touch and went to work. Work was really good! I got a nice shift and worked with some awesome people, including my friend, Ashlee! We had some fun talks!

Thursday, I slept in and then decided that I needed to work on my room again and run stuff that will be used at college that I won't use here downstairs to my little pile. I also reached a big personal achievement while working out.... I ran a whole mile without stopping. To me, that's huge. Usually, I have to stop and walk for a bit, but I didn't have to! My next step is to improve on my time :) Working out has been such a big self esteem booster! After dinner, I was sitting on my couch and a guy asked me to work  his midnight shift for Green Lantern. I had a morning shift on Friday, but I knew I'd still be up even if I didn't go to work, so I just took his shift. It was the most pointless midnight shift I've ever worked. SO slow. Hardly any guests. I guess Harry Potter will make up for that! I don't know if I really want to work the midnight for that. I can see them selling out all thirteen theaters for that. Oh snap.

Friday I had work in the morning. When I got home from that, I ate and worked out! It was a pretty nice day.

On Saturday, I had work in the morning again. We visited my dad's parents that night for Father's Day. :)

Sunday, I went to church with the family :) It was fun to visit people from my home ward! Then I got my temple recommend, went home and took and nap, then we headed down to SLC to see my mom's side of the family! We had just about everyone over at my grandparents house! SO FUN!!! I loved it :) My cousin is getting married on Tuesday, so we're all excited about that :)

This song really touched me. I love it and thought I'd share it with you :)

I have a fun week ahead of me! Tomorrow, I'm going to see a movie or two with Skylar. Tuesday is the wedding.... which I'm super excited for! Wednesday I work and Thursday..... I'm going to Lagoon with some friends from Logan! Super stoked! Then riding back with those friends from Logan to spend the weekend up there! AHH!!! I'm so happy to be able to see everyone. I've missed everyone so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment