Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Heart Is Full!

This week was filled with all kinds of spiritual experiences and other fun activities! Monday, I went to classes and then Brenna and I went grocery shopping and birthday shopping for our roommate Taylor's birthday. Tuesday, I went to class and then went to a review session for my USU 1350 test and then went to an S.I. session right after. I came home, played 007 James Bond on the Nintendo 64 with Shaun and Tyrell. At around 9, we picked Taylor up from the library and made a cake when we came back. While the cake cooled, Shaun and Tyrell took us to the Junction for some midnight pizza. Mmm, that was delicious! After pizza, we frosted the cake and ate it! Yay!

Taylor's Birthday Celebration!

Wednesday, I went to Madeline's and studied for my USU 1350 test. I came home and studied some more and did some other homework. Thursday, I woke up and took my USU 1350 test, went to Institute, and then met with an advisor in the FCHD department. I don't know if I'll major in that. I still need to set up an appointment with an advisor in Music Therapy. That is on my To-Do list for this week. After my advisor meeting, I met up with Lauren, Brenna, Christy, and Taylor and we went apartment hunting for Fall semester.

Thursday night was a big night for me. I had four hours of Institute choir practice. In Latter Day Voices, we had a devotional and ended up talking about Priesthood keys and all sorts of cool stuff I didn't realize about the Gospel. I whipped out my LDV Revelation notebook and couldn't stop writing stuff down. It was really cool! Right after LDV I went to the choir practice for the CES Fireside on February 13. That was another awesome spiritual experience. Good ol' Brother Salmond! After choir practice, my roommates and I had a great Gospel discussion as well.

Friday was nothing like I thought it would be. It was so fun! I asked Skylar to the IWA Dance last minute and we had a blast! We danced and yelled and screamed and just plain had fun! Saturday was awesome. I went to the Relief Society Birthday Celebration that my stake put on. Katherine Nelson, the actress who played Emma Smith in Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration and Emma Smith, My Story talked and sang for us. That was so touching and I will never forget it. Afterwards, Brenna and I went on a beautiful walk and had a great discussion and then it was off to my very first Aggie Men's Basketball game! Oh boy.... was that interesting! Let's just say it was nothing like I thought it would be, ha! I went with some awesome friends and partied it up!

 IWA Dance
Aggie Men's Basketball Game

Today was yet another great spiritual day. I went to church and had amazing lessons from Korinne and Brenna and had an awesome Testimony meeting. I was truly touched. Right when we got home, Brenna and I put in Emma Smith, My Story and I watched it for the first time. WOW. If you haven't seen it, get your hands on a copy as fast as you can. It's amazing! The rest of the afternoon has been relaxing and I just did my own thing. This week is sure to be another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment