Friday, February 25, 2011

The Craziness of Life!


I've had this song stuck in my head for a few days and I thought I'd share it with everyone! I love the message behind it! Michael Buble is so attractive :)

I can't even tell you how crazy this short twenty-eight day month has been. It's crazy to me that February is almost over! It feels like it just started yesterday! I was going to try to be good and start writing every week about the things I have been doing, and I failed. All I can say is, life happened! ha ha! I've had some pretty amazing experiences and just fun times this month.

Last weekend was quite the adventure! Friday night, I was invited to the Institute and to play volleyball with some LDV friends. I decided to go and found out it was actually a volleyball tournament when I got there! I told them I wasn't good enough to play for a tournament, and they said they weren't either but they needed players so I stayed. We were out after the first round and none of us wanted to go home. After chatting for a few minutes, somebody said he was a ward clerk of a church close by and offered to open it for us to play volleyball there so a bunch of us piled in cars and headed over to the church building. We played volleyball there until about 9:30 and then we decided to go see Tron in the "cheap" theater at 9:40, so we once again piled in cars and headed over. After Tron Skot, Amanda, Skylar and I all hopped into Skot's car for a midnight Walmart run to get ice cream and then went to his apartment to visit and eat after we saved my roommate from being locked out of our room and took her with us. We had a crazy time there until about 2:00 in the morning and then we all decided it was probably bedtime.

Saturday, I had an LDV performance at a Stake Conference. We sang four numbers, one of which I can't remember off the top of my head, but here are the other three: There Is A Green Hill Far Away, High On The Mountain Top and The Spirit of God. I was deeply moved by There Is A Green Hill Far Away that night. There's a verse that the men sing and the women join at the end that touches my heart. It reads, "There was no other good enough to pay the price of sin. He only could unlock the gate of heav'n, and let us in. Oh, dearly, dearly has he loved! And we must love him too, And trust in his redeeming blood, And try his works to do." There's just something about attractive male voices praising the Lord and being able to feel the power of the Priesthood they hold. I look up to the LDV men so much! The speakers at the Stake Conference were great as well and I learned wonderful lessons from them. It was an uplifting night. After our performance, a bunch of us went to Wendy's for dinner. By the time we were done eating, there was a ton of snow all over the cars. As everyone started to clean off their cars, we started a "legendary" (for you, Amanda) snowball fight in our tuxes and dresses! It was great! I want to have a real snowball fight in snow clothes where we really can go at each other. I think that would be a blast! White washes, the whole works! Ha ha :)

Monday, a few of my current roommates and I spent the day working on housing stuff and then surprised one of my roommates with a group date! It was a blast! We made pizzas, played games, ended up reading a hilarious book and watched Up to end the night. I think it was a big success!

This week has been fun! Because we had Monday off of school, I've had LDV all week! It's been so fun! I've been able to have great Gospel discussions with friends, fun movie nights, and a great late night with my good friend Anna Kendell who will be getting married next Friday! I'm so happy for her! And don't worry, in the midst of it all, I've been able to squeeze in the homework as well! I went to the play Our Country's Good tonight with Amanda and got snowed on! It STILL hasn't stopped snowing and the poor LDV men have a practice at seven in the morning tomorrow for General Conference! The good news is the flakes are big and fluffy, the snow is gorgeous, and we have more water for the summer! :)

My spiritual thought is from Elder David A. Bednar.  He says in his talk from last conference called Receive The Holy Ghost, "These four words—“Receive the Holy Ghost”—are not a passive pronouncement; rather, they constitute a priesthood injunction—an authoritative admonition to act and not simply to be acted upon." He teaches us the same lesson yet again. We must be obedient and properly invite the Holy Ghost to be in our lives. Do not take this special gift for granted. Use it to your advantage and humble yourself so that the Lord's will may become your will. This has been one of the lessons I've been learning up at college and will have to learn throughout my life. Everything will be okay if you trust in the Lord and are obedient. Everything may not happen the way you want it to, but there is a plan set in place and it's so much better for you than what you had in mind for yourself.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and President's Day. I love you all and hope that things are going well! Yay for Spring Break being so close! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment