Sunday, January 30, 2011

Latter Day Voices! and school... ha ha!

Latter Day Voices has been such a blessing this semester. I hope I can continue with it in later semesters! My first performance with the choir was last Sunday. We sang Lord of the Small and The Spirit of God for a fireside at the Logan Tabernacle. Parents of children with disabilities or health problems shared their experiences and their testimonies. It was very touching.

This weekend was crazy for LDV, but of course it was a blast! We had a mini retreat Saturday morning at 7:00 and I hadn't had much sleep the two nights before. It went well. I got home at 10:30 and crashed until 3:45. I got ready and then headed out around 5:00 for another performance at a Stake Conference. After we performed there, all the girls headed over to Bethany's house to have an LDV GIRLS NIGHT!!! It was a blast! We visited, played with hair, told stories, and just had a fun and relaxing evening. I didn't get home until about 1:30 and then ended up talking with my roommates until 3:30. I've had a week full of really late nights, but it's been a great adventure and way worth it!




This week is probably going to be the most challenging of the semester so far. I have a USU 1350 (Biology) exam on Thursday and I have a paper due for English due on Friday. This will be my biggest week as far as homework goes. Shouldn't be too hard, I just hate Biology :P ha ha! It has nothing to do with the teacher, just the material.

I've been thinking about changing my major. I don't know if I can stand to stay behind a computer all my life. As much as I love computers, I don't know if I could handle it in a job setting. I like to be around people. I'm thinking about Music Therapy. Utah State is the only school in the whole state that offers that program and I want to check it out! A few girls in LDV are doing it and it sounds like a lot of fun! I've always wanted to do something with music, I just didn't know what. I'm also thinking about maybe minoring in FCHD. I have an appointment with an advisor this week, so we'll see what happens after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment