Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An Update on Life... and the Fireside Elder Holland Spoke At! :)

Holy cow! I realized I haven't written on my blog forever! Life just gets so busy!

Christmas break was even more amazing than I could imagine. I worked, watched three seasons of Castle, some Vampire Diaries, all kinds of movies, and spent all kinds of time with family and friends :) It was the break I needed from such a tiring semester. I've learned that the words of Kelly Clarkson are true. "What doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER. Stand a little taller. Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone. What doesn't kill you makes a fighter. Footsteps even lighter." :)

Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger"

I'm back in school now! It's been almost a month since it started! CRAZY. I'm taking MGT 3110, MIS 3330, ECON 3400, ACCT 2010, Gymnastics, and Weight Training! It's been a pretty fun semester so far! MIS 3330 is a Database class for my major and I absolutely LOVE it. It's so much fun! I've been able to catch on pretty fast and it's been such a blessing for me to know that I'm in the right major for ME! :) I've enjoyed taking Gymnastics and Weight Training, because it has boosted my self-confidence and has strengthened me more than just physically. This semester has been a blessing!

LDV has been wonderful! :) I don't know what I'd do without it in my life right now! I got to perform in a fireside for Elder Holland! I can't tell you how AMAZING that was, to prepare the people to hear a prophet's voice and to be an addition to his testimony that night. I was so filled with the Spirit. It was the annual Joseph Smith Memorial Fireside that he spoke for. His goal that night was to educate us more about the wonderful person Joseph Smith was. I can't express how amazing the experience was to have an Apostle that close. The whole feeling of the room changed as he walked into the Spectrum. It was remarkable. Some of the stories he told of Joseph Smith's life were new to me. It was amazing to see how I can apply Joseph's example in my life today. I know just from that talk that Heavenly Father looks out for me. From the choir seats, I could see the laptop that communicated with the teleprompter on the stand. It was amazing to see the teleprompter stop and to hear Elder Holland speak with the Holy Ghost and "stray" from his original talk for a moment. Elder Holland set the closing song up so well. The Spirit was SO STRONG. I was bawling by the time "Praise To The Man" ended and couldn't stop until a few minutes after the closing prayer had ended. I will never forget that day.

Maggie, Amanda, Sara, and me at the Elder Holland Fireside :)

I can testify to you that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one and only true church on this earth. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the Restoration. I know he saw and communed with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that the prophecy will be fulfilled that "millions shall know Brother Joseph again." I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today and speaks with authority and truth. I know that Jesus Christ bled and died for us so that we might live with Him again. I know that the power of the priesthood is real. I know that trials are a blessing, although they may just seem a pain in the moment. I know that we have angels helping us all the time. I say these things humbly, in the name of my beloved brother and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment