Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Grandpa Hall

Who knew that within a month, both of my grandpas would have been gone? I wouldn't have guessed it. I don't know why this happened, but I know I'm supposed to learn something from it. I have been tried so much this semester. It's been so hard to try to juggle work, school, deaths, emotional breakdowns, and everything else that comes with life. It's been so overwhelming, but I've felt the Lord by my side. I know he's there even though sometimes I feel so alone. He sends me angels when I start to feel alone.

The night my grandpa passed away, I was basically alone in my apartment. I panicked. I didn't know what to do. I hadn't showered all day, I couldn't get a hold of my best friend, my other best friend is on a mission and my other best friend just moved out state. I was so emotional and lost. I felt as though Heavenly Father was taking all of the people away from me when I needed them most. The Lord took care of me though. A sweet friend of mine in LDV called me at just the right time. I told her what was going on and she came and picked me up right then. It was an answer to my pleas. She took me out and we had fun that night. I was so grateful for that phone call. I honestly have no idea what would have happened if she hadn't called me. She was my angel that night.

As my dad sad, my grandpa's 6'3" giant frame was hard to miss. He was one of the most faithful men I have ever met in my life. He loved his family dearly, was passionate about our country, and stood up for truth and righteousness. He was a great example to me, and I can't wait to get another great big hug from him when I see him again! I love you, Grandpa!


1 comment:

  1. Chan, I have found comfort in this quote from President Uchtdorf in times like this:
    "Please understand that what you see and experience now is not what forever will be. You will not feel loneliness, sorrow, pain, or discouragement forever. We have the faithful promise of God that He will neither forget nor forsake those who incline their hearts to Him. Have hope and faith in that promise. Learn to love your Heavenly Father and become His disciple in word and in deed. The most powerful Being in the universe is the Father of your spirit. He knows you. He loves you with a perfect love.

    He wants you to know that you matter to Him."

    And You matter to me too Chan! I love you! You have my number if you need anything! ツ

    ReplyDelete