Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life Is All About Learning


I haven't done as well as I'd hoped on a few of my finals, but I've realized that life is all about learning. I'm not a bad person if I don't get a perfect grade. Life will go on and things will get better. I learned from this experience and will now take what I've gained and apply it to my life when the time comes. I'm so grateful for friends and family that love me. I'm grateful that I have the Gospel in my life and that Heavenly Father is there for me in my times of need. I'm grateful for the lessons I'm learning early in life.

One night when I was having a hard time and things were rough, my sweet roommate, Lauren, helped me through. She had me write up a reminder for myself and stick it on our door. This is the reminder:


You know the end result. You just have to have faith. Faith in yourself, faith in what you believe, and faith in the Lord. You also have to have enough determination to get there. When those trials hit, you always have comfort in the fact that they won't last forever. That you have friends and family that will be there for you in your darkest of times. That the Lord will always provide a way, and that the Lord has given you those roses in December to remember and cherish for the rest of your life. But you have to keep pressing on. As you reflect on your roses in December, you may wish that you could go back and relive those moments. Unfortunately, you can't. But happier moments are coming in the future. Like when you are finally sealed to the man of your dreams. When hear your baby's first laugh. Those moments will stay with you and no one can take them away from you. So when you get discouraged, cry your frustrations out, but always remember that "Down the road the sun is shining, in every cloud there's a silver lining, just keep holding on! Every heartache makes you stronger, it won't be much longer! You'll find love, you'll find peace and the you you're meant to be. I know that's not the way you feel, but One Day You Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment